Chair, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that more than 1 000 people are expected to take part in the 11th Anniversary of the Mahatma Gandhi Salt March on 29 March this year, following the campaign launch on Sunday, 1 March;
2) further notes that the march is aimed at honouring the late freedom fighters Mahatma Gandhi and Inkosi Albert Luthuli for their role in fighting for peace and equality in our country;
3) recalls that the Salt March is an annual event, held in Durban, in which people from all walks of life meet to celebrate the lives of Mahatma Gandhi and Inkosi Albert Luthuli, both of whom were vocal in their support for the development of a culture of nonviolence and ubuntu;
4) further recalls that the Salt March originated in India in the 1930s and was an act of civil disobedience led by Gandhi to protest against British rule in India;
5) believes that this march will help to promote goodwill and friendship among all South Africans; and
6) wishes all those who will be participating in this historic Salt March well.