Whether, given that executive political office bearers of the State change from time to time, he would make a policy directive to end the practice of adorning government buildings with portraits of the President, Deputy President, Ministers and Deputy Ministers of the respective departments and that the Coat of Arms of the Republic is utilised instead?
The suggestion will certainly be given consideration. The views of various stakeholders will be sought.
Among others, this will include the Government Communications and Information System and State Protocol, who produces guidelines for the display of portraits of members of the executive in government buildings.
(1) Whether (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her procured services from a certain company (name furnished); if so, (i) what services were procured in each case and (ii) what is the total amount that was paid to the specified company in each case;
(2) whether the specified company provided services related to international travel to (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her; if so, (i) what is the name of each person who travelled, (ii) what was the travel route and (iii) what is the total amount that was paid for each person?
The last time the Department of Sport and Recreation South Africa utilized the services of the said company was in the 2007/08 financial year. During that financial year the Department had paid an amout of R7 015 183-92, with outstanding invoices amounting to R1 461 324-69 being settled the following finacial year. More »
What amount has each public (a) university and (b) technical and vocational education and training college spent on security services in each of the past ten financial years?
The Department does not keep records of detailed expenditure information for universities or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges. This information is not included in the annual reports submitted to the Department.
DIRECTOR – GENERAL
QUESTION 1633 APPROVED/NOT APPROVED/AMENDED
Dr BE NZIMANDE, MP
MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING
(1)Whether there is any position of (a) chief executive officer, (b) chief financial officer and/or (c) chief operating officer that is currently vacant in each entity reporting to him; if so, (i) how long has each specified position been vacant and (ii) what is the reason for each vacancy;
(2) Have the vacancies been advertised; if so, (a) were interviews done and (b) on what date will the vacancies be filled;
(3) (a) what is the total number of persons who are currently employed in the specified positions in an acting capacity, (b) for what period has each person been acting in each position and (c) has any of the specified persons applied for the positions?
- The Department of Public Service and Administration (a) does not have a chief executive officer position, (b) the chief financial officer position is filled (c) does not have a chief operating officer position
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (PSC)
The Public Service Commission (PSC) is an independent Constitutional body, and its budget is appropriated via the Minister of Public Service and ...
(1)With reference to SA Express’ frequent use in 2016 of chartered planes provided by Solenta Aviation and SKA Aircraft Leasing amongst others to cover its route between (a) Bloemfontein and Johannesburg, (b) George and Johannesburg and (c) Kimberley and Johannesburg, what is the total amount of chartering a flight to cover an ordinary route that is supposed to be operated by SA Express;
(2) Whether there is a service level agreement in place between SA Express and the specified companies; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
(2) Yes there are contracts in place for both entities and the SLA’s are contained in both contracts.
Solenta: Contract Period: 01 Feb 2017 to 31 July 2017
SKA: Contract Period: 06 December 2016 to 31 March 2017
Mogokare Richard Seleke Lynne Brown, MP
Director-General Minister of Public Enterprises
Whether, with reference to the President’s announcement in his state of the nation address of major technological overhaul for the South African education system which included rolling out tablets to all schools, her department is ready for this move in terms of the (a) budget, (b) teacher training and (c) provision of security at schools?
a) Readiness in terms of budget
The plan will be operationalised starting 2019 with a preparatory phase, followed by three roll out phases focusing on the provision of gadgets with pre-loaded content including, but not limited to, the Department of Basic Education (DBE) Workbooks. The three phases target firstly learners in multi-grade and rural farm schools secondly learners in quintile 1 to 3 schools ...
(a) On which date(s) was each of his department’s Acting Deputy Directors-General appointed, (b) for what period was each person appointed, (c) what are the details of each person’s (i) annual salary and (ii) annual bonus paid out in each year since each person’s appointment and (d) on what grounds were the bonuses paid in each case?
I was advised by the department as follows:
(a)NAME OF ACTING DDG AND DATES APPOINTED
(b) PERIOD APPOINTED
(c)i ANNUAL SALARY
ADDG ICT POLICY AND STRATEGY
2017/10/01 – 2018/03/31
2018/04/03 – 2018/09/30
(cost of living adjustment still to be announced)
ADDG ISAD ...
What is the (a) make, (b) model, (c) price and (d) date on which each vehicle was purchased for use by (i) him and (ii) his deputy ministers (aa) in the (aaa) 2016-17 and (bbb) 2017-18 financial years and (bb) since 1 April 2018?
(i) Since my appointment as the Minister of Justice and Correctional Services, the vehicle which I have been using was purchased by the Department of Science and Technology during the 2013/14 financial year. Please refer to my reply to parliamentary question no. 361 which was submitted in March 2017. Details of the recently purchased vehicle, replacing the vehicle which was purchased by the ...
(a) What number of (i) buildings, (ii) properties and (iii) facilities does his department currently (aa) own and (bb) rent, (b) what is the value and purpose of each (i) owned and (ii) rented property and (c)(i) for how long has each property been rented, (ii) from whom is each property rented and (iii) what is the monthly rental fee for each property?
a) The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development (DoJ&CD) –
(aa) does not own any properties, but is the user of properties of which the Department of Public Works (DPW) is the custodian;
(bb) 120 buildings are being rented at present.
b) The property valuations are done by the respective landlords and the DoJ&CD, as the tenant/user, does not keep that information.
c) If ...
(1)Whether she has been informed that she has been implicated in testimony made under oath and in written documents by Mr Agrizzi at the Judicial Commission of Inquiry to Inquire into Allegations of State Capture, Corruption and Fraud in the Public Sector including Organs of State, chaired by Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo; if so, were the allegations made by Mr Agrizzi in respect of her true;
(2) whether she declared any financial or material gifts from Bosasa as required by the Executive Members’ Ethics Act, Act 82 of 1998; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what are the relevant details?
(1) The Honourable Member would be aware that the question he is asking is already in the public domain including the communication between my lawyers and the Judicial Commission of Inquiry c haired by Deputy Chief Justice Zondo. The Commission has also been on record to advise that the individuals who are somehow implicated by certain witnesses at the said inquiry would also be ...