What amount has each public (a) university and (b) technical and vocational education and training college spent on security services in each of the past ten financial years?
The Department does not keep records of detailed expenditure information for universities or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges. This information is not included in the annual reports submitted to the Department.
DIRECTOR – GENERAL
QUESTION 1633 APPROVED/NOT APPROVED/AMENDED
Dr BE NZIMANDE, MP
MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING
(1)Whether there is any position of (a) chief executive officer, (b) chief financial officer and/or (c) chief operating officer that is currently vacant in each entity reporting to him; if so, (i) how long has each specified position been vacant and (ii) what is the reason for each vacancy;
(2) Have the vacancies been advertised; if so, (a) were interviews done and (b) on what date will the vacancies be filled;
(3) (a) what is the total number of persons who are currently employed in the specified positions in an acting capacity, (b) for what period has each person been acting in each position and (c) has any of the specified persons applied for the positions?
- The Department of Public Service and Administration (a) does not have a chief executive officer position, (b) the chief financial officer position is filled (c) does not have a chief operating officer position
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (PSC)
The Public Service Commission (PSC) is an independent Constitutional body, and its budget is appropriated via the Minister of Public Service and ...
(1)With reference to SA Express’ frequent use in 2016 of chartered planes provided by Solenta Aviation and SKA Aircraft Leasing amongst others to cover its route between (a) Bloemfontein and Johannesburg, (b) George and Johannesburg and (c) Kimberley and Johannesburg, what is the total amount of chartering a flight to cover an ordinary route that is supposed to be operated by SA Express;
(2) Whether there is a service level agreement in place between SA Express and the specified companies; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
(2) Yes there are contracts in place for both entities and the SLA’s are contained in both contracts.
Solenta: Contract Period: 01 Feb 2017 to 31 July 2017
SKA: Contract Period: 06 December 2016 to 31 March 2017
Mogokare Richard Seleke Lynne Brown, MP
Director-General Minister of Public Enterprises
Whether (a) his department and (b) each entity reporting to him procured any services from and/or made any payments to (i) a certain company (name furnished) or (ii) any other public relations firms; if not, in each case, why not; if so, in each case, what (aa) services were procured, (bb) was the total cost, (cc) is the detailed breakdown of such costs, (dd) was the total amount paid, (ee) was the purpose of the payments and (ff) is the detailed breakdown of such payments?
(a),(b)(i),(ii),(aa),(bb),(cc),(dd),(ee),(ff) Please refer to the table below.
Has the Special Investigation Unit (SIU) ever conducted any investigations into a certain person (name and details furnished); if so (a) when was the investigation(s) commissioned and (b) what is the current status of the specified investigation(s);
(2) whether he will furnish Ms T E Baker with copies of the reports of the investigation(s); if not, why not; if so, by what date?
I have been informed by the Head of the Special Investigation Unit that a similar question was posed to the Presidency during May 2017, a copy of which is attached hereto, where-in the SIU answered as follows:
1. It would appear that the Proclamation referred to, issued by the Presidency to commence with investigations, relates to Proclamation R35 of 2008. This Proclamation related to ...
Whether (a) his department and (b) each entity reporting to him appointed transaction advisors for tenders in the period 1 January 2012 to 31 December 2016; if so, (i) who were the transaction advisors that were appointed for the tenders, (ii) for which tenders were they appointed, (iii) what was the pricing for the tenders in question and (iv) what amount were the transaction advisors paid?
I have been informed that neither the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development and Department of Correctional Services nor its entities reporting to me has appointed transaction advisors for tenders during the period 1 January 2012 to 31 December 2016. More »
Which entities reporting to him (a) have a board in place and (b) do not have a board in place, (i) of those that have a board, (aa) when was each individual board member appointed and (bb) when is the term for each board lapsing and (ii) how many (aa) board members are there in each board and (bb) of those board members of each entity are female;
(2) with reference to entities that do not have boards in place, (a) who is responsible for appointing the board and (b) when will a board be appointed?
1. The information, in relation to the entities reporting to the Minister of Justice and Correctional Service that have Boards in place, is detailed as follows.
A) LEGAL AID SOUTH AFRICA
(a) Legal Aid South Africa has a Board appointed, in terms of Section 6 (1) of the Legal Aid South Africa Act No. 39 of 2014, by the Minister of Justice and Correctional ...
Does (a) he, (b) his Deputy Ministers or (c) any of the heads of entities or bodies reporting to him make use of security services paid for by the State for (i) him/herself, (ii) his/her immediate family members or (iii) any of their staff members; in each case (aa) what are the reasons for it, (bb) from which department or entity’s budget is the security services being paid, and (cc) what are the relevant details?
a) and b) My security arrangements and those of the Deputy Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development, as well as the Deputy Minister of Correctional Services remain the responsibility of the South African Police Service (SAPS) in terms of the Ministerial Handbook.
c) The response in respect of the heads of entities or bodies reporting to the me is as follows:
- The Chief Justice ...
Whether, in light of the Constitutional Court ruling in 2011 that the practice of repossessing homes without having the claims tested by a judge is illegal and the allegedly looming fifth eviction of Ernest Mashaba and his family from a fully paid-up house by a certain bank (name furnished), his department has intervened to ensure the illegal repossession of the house does not take place?
It is not the responsibility of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development to approach individuals whose Human Rights have been allegedly violated and to take up litigation on their behalf. Bodies such as Legal Aid South Africa and the Human Rights Commission are there to provide assistance to such individuals.
The Legal Aid South Africa (SA) has informed me that the Legal Aid ...
(1)(a) On what date was the public participation for a certain mine housing development (name furnished) conducted and (b) how was the notice for public participation communicated;
(2) whether a proper environmental impact assessment (EIA) was conducted; if so, what process has been followed since the specified EIA;
(3) whether any objections were registered against the specified development; if so, what number of objections were lodged;
(4) (a) how were the objectors notified of the tribunal hearing and (b) what was the outcome of the specified hearing?
1. The Ekurhuleni Municipality and Gauteng Department of Agricultural and Rural Development are in position to advice on public participation for land use development as they are the custodians of land use. The Department’s mandate is to comment on impediment between mining and development and advise accordingly.
2. Environmental Impact Assessment is only submitted to Municipality and Gauteng Department of Agricultural and Rural ...