Whether, given that executive political office bearers of the State change from time to time, he would make a policy directive to end the practice of adorning government buildings with portraits of the President, Deputy President, Ministers and Deputy Ministers of the respective departments and that the Coat of Arms of the Republic is utilised instead?
The suggestion will certainly be given consideration. The views of various stakeholders will be sought.
Among others, this will include the Government Communications and Information System and State Protocol, who produces guidelines for the display of portraits of members of the executive in government buildings.
(1) Whether (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her procured services from a certain company (name furnished); if so, (i) what services were procured in each case and (ii) what is the total amount that was paid to the specified company in each case;
(2) whether the specified company provided services related to international travel to (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her; if so, (i) what is the name of each person who travelled, (ii) what was the travel route and (iii) what is the total amount that was paid for each person?
The last time the Department of Sport and Recreation South Africa utilized the services of the said company was in the 2007/08 financial year. During that financial year the Department had paid an amout of R7 015 183-92, with outstanding invoices amounting to R1 461 324-69 being settled the following finacial year. More »
What amount has each public (a) university and (b) technical and vocational education and training college spent on security services in each of the past ten financial years?
The Department does not keep records of detailed expenditure information for universities or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges. This information is not included in the annual reports submitted to the Department.
DIRECTOR – GENERAL
QUESTION 1633 APPROVED/NOT APPROVED/AMENDED
Dr BE NZIMANDE, MP
MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING
(1)Whether there is any position of (a) chief executive officer, (b) chief financial officer and/or (c) chief operating officer that is currently vacant in each entity reporting to him; if so, (i) how long has each specified position been vacant and (ii) what is the reason for each vacancy;
(2) Have the vacancies been advertised; if so, (a) were interviews done and (b) on what date will the vacancies be filled;
(3) (a) what is the total number of persons who are currently employed in the specified positions in an acting capacity, (b) for what period has each person been acting in each position and (c) has any of the specified persons applied for the positions?
- The Department of Public Service and Administration (a) does not have a chief executive officer position, (b) the chief financial officer position is filled (c) does not have a chief operating officer position
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (PSC)
The Public Service Commission (PSC) is an independent Constitutional body, and its budget is appropriated via the Minister of Public Service and ...
(1)With reference to SA Express’ frequent use in 2016 of chartered planes provided by Solenta Aviation and SKA Aircraft Leasing amongst others to cover its route between (a) Bloemfontein and Johannesburg, (b) George and Johannesburg and (c) Kimberley and Johannesburg, what is the total amount of chartering a flight to cover an ordinary route that is supposed to be operated by SA Express;
(2) Whether there is a service level agreement in place between SA Express and the specified companies; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
(2) Yes there are contracts in place for both entities and the SLA’s are contained in both contracts.
Solenta: Contract Period: 01 Feb 2017 to 31 July 2017
SKA: Contract Period: 06 December 2016 to 31 March 2017
Mogokare Richard Seleke Lynne Brown, MP
Director-General Minister of Public Enterprises
(a) On which date(s) was each of his department’s Acting Deputy Directors-General appointed, (b) for what period was each person appointed, (c) what are the details of each person’s (i) annual salary and (ii) annual bonus paid out in each year since each person’s appointment and (d) on what grounds were the bonuses paid in each case?
I was advised by the department as follows:
(a)NAME OF ACTING DDG AND DATES APPOINTED
(b) PERIOD APPOINTED
(c)i ANNUAL SALARY
ADDG ICT POLICY AND STRATEGY
2017/10/01 – 2018/03/31
2018/04/03 – 2018/09/30
(cost of living adjustment still to be announced)
ADDG ISAD ...
(a) Why has SSL certification of certain websites (names furnished) lapsed, (b)(i) what is the name of the person who is responsible in this regard and (ii) why has this person not addressed the specified matter on time, (c) on what date will this matter be addressed and (d) what processes, procedures and mechanisms are in place to ensure that this is not repeated in future?
The client server encryption was not implemented to this web service as this is purely an information website and no login services are present. Any available documents to download have to be completed and forwarded per mail and not uploaded to the website itself, which could compromise confidential information. The RTMC is currently upgrading the website to a ...
(a) What investments have been made in each month by (i) his department and (ii) entities reporting to him with the Venda Building Society Mutual Bank (aa) in the past three financial years and (bb) since 1 April 2018, (b) what was the nature of each investment, (c) why was each investment made in each case, (d) what were the projected returns in each case, (e) who represented the department or entity when negotiating the investments, (f) on what date was each investment made and (g) what returns have been enjoyed to date in each case?
a) (i) Department did not make any investment with the Venda Building Society of Bank
(aa) (bb) (c) (d) (e) (f) (g) Not applicable
Airports Company South Africa SOC Limited (ACSA)
ACSA has not made any investments with the Venda Building Society Mutual Bank.
Cross-Border Road Transport Agency (CBRTA)
(a) No, the (ii) CBRTA has not made investments with the Venda Building Society ...
(1)(a) What are the details of the process followed to appoint a Ranamane Mokalane Incorporated to represent Metrorail in the matter between Mukoma Technologies and Metrorail in the High Court of South Africa, case number 47482/2009 dated 30 January 2017, (b) what are the names of other legal representatives that were considered, (c) on what date was the specified representative appointed, (d) what amount has been paid by Metrorail to the representative to date, (e) in what number of cases has the specified representative represented Metrorail and (f) what was the outcome in each case;
(2) whether Metrorail verified the registration details of the specified representative; if not, why not; if so, what are the registration details of the representative;
(3) whether Metrorail conducted a background check on the specified representative before appointing it; if not, why not; if so, what are the details of the (a) process and (b) outcome;
(4) whether the specified representative still represents Metrorail?
1. (a) The panel of attorneys was appointed through an open tender process. Once the panel is constituted, work is allocated to the lawyers and the attempt is made to ensure that work is allocated to attorneys in a fair and equitable manner that ensures attorneys are briefed according to their strengths, expertise and experience.
(b) The entire panel is considered when a new ...
(a) What number of tender briefings were held in 2018 by (i) her department and (ii) each of the entities reporting to her and (b) what number of the specified briefings were compulsory?
DEPARTMENT OF BASIC EDUCATION
a) (i) One tender briefing was held in 2018 by (i) the Department of Basic Education and it was compulsory.
b) One compulsory briefing session.
a) (ii) Umalusi conducted four (4) tender briefings in the period 1 April 2018 to date.
b) All four (4) tender briefings were compulsory.
a) (ii) The South African Council for Educators never ...