Whether, given that executive political office bearers of the State change from time to time, he would make a policy directive to end the practice of adorning government buildings with portraits of the President, Deputy President, Ministers and Deputy Ministers of the respective departments and that the Coat of Arms of the Republic is utilised instead?
The suggestion will certainly be given consideration. The views of various stakeholders will be sought.
Among others, this will include the Government Communications and Information System and State Protocol, who produces guidelines for the display of portraits of members of the executive in government buildings.
(1) Whether (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her procured services from a certain company (name furnished); if so, (i) what services were procured in each case and (ii) what is the total amount that was paid to the specified company in each case;
(2) whether the specified company provided services related to international travel to (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her; if so, (i) what is the name of each person who travelled, (ii) what was the travel route and (iii) what is the total amount that was paid for each person?
The last time the Department of Sport and Recreation South Africa utilized the services of the said company was in the 2007/08 financial year. During that financial year the Department had paid an amout of R7 015 183-92, with outstanding invoices amounting to R1 461 324-69 being settled the following finacial year. More »
What amount has each public (a) university and (b) technical and vocational education and training college spent on security services in each of the past ten financial years?
The Department does not keep records of detailed expenditure information for universities or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges. This information is not included in the annual reports submitted to the Department.
DIRECTOR – GENERAL
QUESTION 1633 APPROVED/NOT APPROVED/AMENDED
Dr BE NZIMANDE, MP
MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING
(1)Whether there is any position of (a) chief executive officer, (b) chief financial officer and/or (c) chief operating officer that is currently vacant in each entity reporting to him; if so, (i) how long has each specified position been vacant and (ii) what is the reason for each vacancy;
(2) Have the vacancies been advertised; if so, (a) were interviews done and (b) on what date will the vacancies be filled;
(3) (a) what is the total number of persons who are currently employed in the specified positions in an acting capacity, (b) for what period has each person been acting in each position and (c) has any of the specified persons applied for the positions?
- The Department of Public Service and Administration (a) does not have a chief executive officer position, (b) the chief financial officer position is filled (c) does not have a chief operating officer position
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (PSC)
The Public Service Commission (PSC) is an independent Constitutional body, and its budget is appropriated via the Minister of Public Service and Administration.
- The ...
(1)With reference to SA Express’ frequent use in 2016 of chartered planes provided by Solenta Aviation and SKA Aircraft Leasing amongst others to cover its route between (a) Bloemfontein and Johannesburg, (b) George and Johannesburg and (c) Kimberley and Johannesburg, what is the total amount of chartering a flight to cover an ordinary route that is supposed to be operated by SA Express;
(2) Whether there is a service level agreement in place between SA Express and the specified companies; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
(2) Yes there are contracts in place for both entities and the SLA’s are contained in both contracts.
Solenta: Contract Period: 01 Feb 2017 to 31 July 2017
SKA: Contract Period: 06 December 2016 to 31 March 2017
Mogokare Richard Seleke Lynne Brown, MP
Director-General Minister of Public Enterprises
Whether she will furnish Ms E L Powell with the details of (a) all contracts awarded to training and development service providers, (b) the breakdown of costs for training and development services in the (i) 2021-22 and (ii) 2022-23 financial years, (c) the number of persons trained, (d) the NQF level of the training attained, (e) the certificates awarded and (f) the amounts spent on travel, venues and catering from the cost centre; if not, what is the position in this regard: if so, what are the relevant details?
a) Contracts awarded to training and development service providers:
The Department has not awarded any contracts to training and development service providers. When a training and development request is received, a RFQ is issued to Supply Chain Management to obtain quotations which are sourced as per National Treasury requirements for service providers through the Central Supplier Database through National Treasury.
b) The breakdown ...
(1)On what date did she attend the last meeting of any structure outside the Government in order to receive recommendations on the deployment of personnel in her department and/or entities reporting to her;
(2) whether any appointments to her department and/or entities reporting to her were discussed during her attendance at any private forum and/or external structures to the Government; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what (a) are the details of appointments that were discussed and recommendations received and (b) other Government matters were discussed during the last meeting of any such forum?
I do not discuss my diary and political activities with those deemed not to be relevant on the matter. The member is requested to explain the relevance of the question to my work as a Minister. More »
With reference to her reply to question 2638 on 6 September2022, and with further reference to the South African Consulate situated 845 3rd Avenue, New York, what (a) total number of (i) staff personnel and/ or delegates are working in the office and (ii) floors and/or offices are included within the rental and (b) is the (i) total square footage of the office and (ii) reason and/or justification for the high rental figure of almost R2,7 million per month?
A) What total number of (i) staff personnel and/ or delegates are working in the office and (ii) floors and/or offices are included within the rental?
(i) The total staff establishment of transferred staff and locally recruited personnel for the two (2) missions occupying the premises is 67.
(ii) The missions occupy two (2) floors on these premises. They are occupying the 9th ...
(a) How does her department plan to ensure that it fulfils an inclusive and balanced multilateral trading system and reform of the international debt architecture, as alluded to in her department ‘s Framework Document on South Africa’s National Interest and its advancement in a Global Environment and (b) what does the reform of the international architecture entail;
(2) Whether the Republic has implemented the reform of debt in the past when negotiating for loans on an international scale; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what (a) are the relevant details and (b) does it seek to change through the reform? NW3546E
1. Since the pandemic, South Africa has played a more prominent role as an official bilateral creditor and G20 member to provide constructive solutions to the debt challenges on the African continent, first through its participation in the G20 Debt Service Suspension Initiative (DSSI) that was in force from May 2020 until December 2021, and now as vice-chair of Zambia’s official creditor committee (OCC) under ...
Considering the addition of specialised medical occupations such as chemists, specialist nurse educators, anaesthesiologists and dentists to the critical skills list, in addition to the Republic’s shortage of doctors and nurses, what is the reason that he is not prioritising the establishment of colleges to absorb more medical students?
In 2011, the Minister of Health appointed a Ministerial Task Team on Nursing Education and Training following the National Nursing Summit of April 2011. The Ministerial Task Team report, which was finalised in August 2012, made several recommendations, including that nursing colleges be declared as higher education institutions in compliance with the Constitution and provisions of the Higher Education Act (101 of 1997, as ...