Whether, given that executive political office bearers of the State change from time to time, he would make a policy directive to end the practice of adorning government buildings with portraits of the President, Deputy President, Ministers and Deputy Ministers of the respective departments and that the Coat of Arms of the Republic is utilised instead?
The suggestion will certainly be given consideration. The views of various stakeholders will be sought.
Among others, this will include the Government Communications and Information System and State Protocol, who produces guidelines for the display of portraits of members of the executive in government buildings.
(1) Whether (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her procured services from a certain company (name furnished); if so, (i) what services were procured in each case and (ii) what is the total amount that was paid to the specified company in each case;
(2) whether the specified company provided services related to international travel to (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her; if so, (i) what is the name of each person who travelled, (ii) what was the travel route and (iii) what is the total amount that was paid for each person?
The last time the Department of Sport and Recreation South Africa utilized the services of the said company was in the 2007/08 financial year. During that financial year the Department had paid an amout of R7 015 183-92, with outstanding invoices amounting to R1 461 324-69 being settled the following finacial year. More »
What amount has each public (a) university and (b) technical and vocational education and training college spent on security services in each of the past ten financial years?
The Department does not keep records of detailed expenditure information for universities or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges. This information is not included in the annual reports submitted to the Department.
DIRECTOR – GENERAL
QUESTION 1633 APPROVED/NOT APPROVED/AMENDED
Dr BE NZIMANDE, MP
MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING
(1)Whether there is any position of (a) chief executive officer, (b) chief financial officer and/or (c) chief operating officer that is currently vacant in each entity reporting to him; if so, (i) how long has each specified position been vacant and (ii) what is the reason for each vacancy;
(2) Have the vacancies been advertised; if so, (a) were interviews done and (b) on what date will the vacancies be filled;
(3) (a) what is the total number of persons who are currently employed in the specified positions in an acting capacity, (b) for what period has each person been acting in each position and (c) has any of the specified persons applied for the positions?
- The Department of Public Service and Administration (a) does not have a chief executive officer position, (b) the chief financial officer position is filled (c) does not have a chief operating officer position
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (PSC)
The Public Service Commission (PSC) is an independent Constitutional body, and its budget is appropriated via the Minister of Public Service and Administration.
- The ...
(1)With reference to SA Express’ frequent use in 2016 of chartered planes provided by Solenta Aviation and SKA Aircraft Leasing amongst others to cover its route between (a) Bloemfontein and Johannesburg, (b) George and Johannesburg and (c) Kimberley and Johannesburg, what is the total amount of chartering a flight to cover an ordinary route that is supposed to be operated by SA Express;
(2) Whether there is a service level agreement in place between SA Express and the specified companies; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
(2) Yes there are contracts in place for both entities and the SLA’s are contained in both contracts.
Solenta: Contract Period: 01 Feb 2017 to 31 July 2017
SKA: Contract Period: 06 December 2016 to 31 March 2017
Mogokare Richard Seleke Lynne Brown, MP
Director-General Minister of Public Enterprises
(1)What was the reason for the technical problems experienced by the call centre of the Unemployment Insurance Fund as announced on Tuesday, 2 March 2021;
(2) whether the specified technical problems were resolved; if not, (a) what is the reason for the delay and (b) by what date will the call centre be operational again; if so, (i) how long did it take to resolve and (ii) from what date was the call centre fully operational again?
- Telkom terminated the service of the 0800 call centre number as a result of the non-extension of the telephone line contract.
- This was resolved on the 4th March 2021 and the call centre was fully operational from the afternoon of 4 March 2021.
What (a) total number of claims submitted to the Compensation Fund arose from injuries incurred during the journey to and from the workplace in the past five financial years and (b) proportion of overall claims did these claims constitute in each specified financial year?
Section 22 (4) of the COID Act indicates that compensation will be considered for accidents that has ‘arisen out of and in the course of employment’. The Compensation Fund does not consider claims for accidents that occurred during the journey to and from work if they do not meet “arising out of and in the course of employment”.
Section 22 (5) ...
With reference to his department’s latest Estimates of National Expenditure (details furnished), (a) why does the estimated number of personnel exceed the number of 2987 funded posts within the department in every single fiscal year?
In terms of the enabling Legislation of the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), the Compensation Fund (CF) and Supported Employment Enterprises (SEE), the Minister of Labour (now Employment and Labour) appoints a Commissioner and support staff to perform the functions of the Funds and seconds such to the Funds.
As a result of this, it is the Department that is the registered employer and all ...
What is the current statistics in terms of the employment of foreign nationals in the (a) trucking, (b) restaurant, (c) private security, (d) agriculture, (e) mining, (f) transport, (g) e-hailing, (h) delivery, (i) hair and beauty and (j) domestic industries?
The Department of Employment and Labour maintains statistics of registered local and foreign nationals for the purposes of Unemployment Insurance Fund collection and payments, those who were recommended for individual or corporate work visas, Compensation Fund collection and payments and for monitoring transformation in the labour market through our Employment Equity Reports.
The Economic Sectors are broad and may not necessarily align with Honourable ...
With reference to the call centre of the Unemployment Insurance Fund, what (a) total number of call centre agents are actively working for the call centre at any given time, (b)(i) total number of calls are received on a monthly basis and (ii) number of the specified calls are successfully resolved and (c) is the average time it takes to answer a ringing call that comes in to the call centre?
a) There are 291 active call centre agents.
b) (i) The UIF call centre receives on average 253 312 calls per month.
(ii) 236 903 (93,5%) are successfully resolved by the 291 active call centre agents.
c) The average wait time call to be responded to is 28 seconds