Whether, given that executive political office bearers of the State change from time to time, he would make a policy directive to end the practice of adorning government buildings with portraits of the President, Deputy President, Ministers and Deputy Ministers of the respective departments and that the Coat of Arms of the Republic is utilised instead?
The suggestion will certainly be given consideration. The views of various stakeholders will be sought.
Among others, this will include the Government Communications and Information System and State Protocol, who produces guidelines for the display of portraits of members of the executive in government buildings.
(1) Whether (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her procured services from a certain company (name furnished); if so, (i) what services were procured in each case and (ii) what is the total amount that was paid to the specified company in each case;
(2) whether the specified company provided services related to international travel to (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her; if so, (i) what is the name of each person who travelled, (ii) what was the travel route and (iii) what is the total amount that was paid for each person?
The last time the Department of Sport and Recreation South Africa utilized the services of the said company was in the 2007/08 financial year. During that financial year the Department had paid an amout of R7 015 183-92, with outstanding invoices amounting to R1 461 324-69 being settled the following finacial year. More »
What amount has each public (a) university and (b) technical and vocational education and training college spent on security services in each of the past ten financial years?
The Department does not keep records of detailed expenditure information for universities or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges. This information is not included in the annual reports submitted to the Department.
DIRECTOR – GENERAL
QUESTION 1633 APPROVED/NOT APPROVED/AMENDED
Dr BE NZIMANDE, MP
MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING
(1)Whether there is any position of (a) chief executive officer, (b) chief financial officer and/or (c) chief operating officer that is currently vacant in each entity reporting to him; if so, (i) how long has each specified position been vacant and (ii) what is the reason for each vacancy;
(2) Have the vacancies been advertised; if so, (a) were interviews done and (b) on what date will the vacancies be filled;
(3) (a) what is the total number of persons who are currently employed in the specified positions in an acting capacity, (b) for what period has each person been acting in each position and (c) has any of the specified persons applied for the positions?
- The Department of Public Service and Administration (a) does not have a chief executive officer position, (b) the chief financial officer position is filled (c) does not have a chief operating officer position
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (PSC)
The Public Service Commission (PSC) is an independent Constitutional body, and its budget is appropriated via the Minister of Public Service and Administration.
- The ...
(1)With reference to SA Express’ frequent use in 2016 of chartered planes provided by Solenta Aviation and SKA Aircraft Leasing amongst others to cover its route between (a) Bloemfontein and Johannesburg, (b) George and Johannesburg and (c) Kimberley and Johannesburg, what is the total amount of chartering a flight to cover an ordinary route that is supposed to be operated by SA Express;
(2) Whether there is a service level agreement in place between SA Express and the specified companies; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
(2) Yes there are contracts in place for both entities and the SLA’s are contained in both contracts.
Solenta: Contract Period: 01 Feb 2017 to 31 July 2017
SKA: Contract Period: 06 December 2016 to 31 March 2017
Mogokare Richard Seleke Lynne Brown, MP
Director-General Minister of Public Enterprises
(1)What total number of allegations of sexual exploitation and abuse levelled against members of the SA National Defence Force have been (a) reported this year since 1 January 2020 and (b) finalised with (i) guilty verdicts and (ii) acquittals;
(2) whether the findings of the Ministerial task team are completed; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, how instrumental has the sexual offences reporting hotline been in reporting cases of sexual misconduct? NW3676E
(1)(a) A total number of forty eight (48) allegations of sexual misconduct cases were reported in the SANDF from the different Arms of Service since 01 January 2020.
(b)(i)(ii) Of the 48 cases, eight (8) cases have been finalised (five  guilty verdicts, one  acquittal and two  withdrawn). Forty (40) cases are still in progress, with four (4) awaiting court dates, four ...
(a) What is the current status of the Sensor Strategy of the Department of Defence, (b) by what date does she envisage the specified strategy to be completed, (c) what are the implementation timelines around the strategy and (d) which of the Republic’s borders will be prioritised in the implementation and/or roll-out of the strategy?
1. The Sensor Strategy is completed and is in the process of final approval by higher authority.
2. The implementation timelines can be confirmed if and when the Sensor Implementation Plan is funded.
3. In terms of the threat analysis all borders and ports of entry are prioritised.
What (a) total number of social housing projects and/or schemes have been built in each municipality in Gauteng (i) in the past five financial years and (ii) since 1 April 2020, (b)(i) number of the housing projects were (aa) completed and (bb) occupied and (ii) on what date was each housing project completed and occupied, (c) procedure and/or mechanism was used to source the deserving beneficiaries and (d) are the key common challenges that are usually experienced in the process of identifying and selecting beneficiaries?
(a) The social housing rental projects and/or schemes that have been constructed in municipalities in Gauteng are indicated below:
- City of Tshwane – Three (3) namely Akasia, Little Manhattan and Castle Crest.
- City of Ekhurhuleni – Two (2) namely Delville and Germiston Fire Station, Kempton Village, Carnival Gardens and Sondela
- City Of Johannesburg – Six (6) namely Dobsonville, Plein Street, Turffontein, Devland Extension Two ...
(1)Whether, in view of residents in the Ugu District Municiplity in KwaZulu-Natal who have to endure frequent water outages, leaving them without this basic necessity for several days, she intends to support and strengthen the capacity of the specified municipality in accordance with section 154 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, as complaints to the local relevant authorities are not receiving the required attention; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details;
(2) whether her department will investigate the efficiency of local authorities to respond to the frequency of water outages and the specified district’s failure to deploy water tankers to the area during outages; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
(1) The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) provides financial support to the Ugu District Municipality in the form of the Water Services Infrastructure Grant (WSIG) to deal with its water supply challenges. Since the inception of the WSIG in the 2015/16 financial year up to the 2020/21 financial year, the DWS has allocated R378.68 million to the municipality.
An allocation of R50 million ...
Whether her department has done any investigation to find out what number of South Africans have benefited more than once from the Reconstruction and Development Programme houses; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what (a) number of persons have been given houses more than once and (b) steps has she taken to ensure that her department is able to correct this?
Honourable member, government is no longer building Reconstruction and Development Programme (RDP) houses. RDP houses were discontinued as soon as Cabinet adopted the Comprehensive Plan for the Development of Sustainable Human Settlements in 2004 setting new standards for housing typologies for government houses referred to as BNG houses.
(a) The National Department of Human Settlements has developed and instituted systems and measures to verify ...