Hon Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that September 2012 marks the first global World Alzheimer's Month;
2) further notes that World Alzheimer's Day, held on 12 September each year, is a day on which Alzheimer's organisations around the world concentrate their efforts on raising awareness about Alzheimer's and dementia;
3) acknowledges that the theme for World Alzheimer's Month 2012 is Dementia: Living together;
4) further acknowledges that last year's United Nations' convened Summit on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) recognised neurological diseases, including Alzheimer's and other dementias, as an important cause of morbidity, contributing to the global NCD burden, for which there is a need to provide equitable access to effective health-care programmes; and
5) calls on everyone to help reduce the stigma associated with dementia and encourage the creation of dementia-friendly communities.