Hon House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House-
1) notes the efforts by the MEC for Education in the Gauteng province, Mr Panyaza Lesufi, in introducing an accessible online school admission application system for learners in the province;
2) further notes that the MEC has responded to the broader school infrastructure challenges, especially in light of the reported incidents of pit latrines and drowning;
3) commends the MEC for his forthrightness in exercising urgency to cases of learner-bullying in public schools;
4) implores all the stakeholders in public schools, including educators, School Governing Bodies, teacher unions and parents to support this determined MEC; and
5) notes that this MEC is also equal to the task of dealing with the issues of Fourth Industrial Revolution.
I so move.
Mr W T LETSIE /TB [02-03-2020] / TAKE ENDS AT 16:31