(1) Honourabe member, the Human Settlements Development Bank (HSDB) will be established following mandatory legal processes. This might take longer than some of us would want it to. However, it is my intention to table the Human Settlements Development Bank Bill for Cabinet’s approval before the end of the current financial year.
(2) A number of key milestones towards the establishment have been accomplished and include:
- The Policy Framework which provides for the foundation for the HSDB Bill has been developed and tabled at Cabinet.
- The Bill has been drafted and is currently being reviewed.
- The donation agreements have been drafted and are in the process of being approved by the boards of the entities to be consolidated.
Honourable member, I have also been advised that a briefing by my Department on progress made on the consolidation of Development Finance Institution (DFI’s), to the Portfolio Committee on Human Settlements has been scheduled for 29 November 2016. It is expected that this briefing will provide greater clarity on a concrete roadmap in terms of the establishment of the Human Settlements Development Bank.