Hon House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House-
1) welcomes the appointment of Ms Honey Mamabolo as the new Managing Director of the South African Mint Company, effective from 1 February 2020;
2) acknowledges that she has 20 years of experience across various industry sectors, including mining, retail banking, energy, development finance and manufacturing;
3) further acknowledges Ms Mamabolo's role as Lead Co-ordinator of the Industrial Development Corporation's Green Energy Efficiency Fund, and the launch thereof, which played a significant part in the energy market's transformation by providing competitive funding for the implementation of energy efficiency and small-scale renewable energy projects by small and medium-sized enterprises and energy services companies;
4) proudly notes that she graduated as one of three first black female Chemical Engineering graduates from the University of Pretoria, and holds postgraduate qualifications in Financial Management, Strategy Planning and Change Management; and
5) congratulates her on the appointment and believes that her agile leadership is critical in today's volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous business environment.
I thank you.
Mr L M NTSHAYISA Ms Z NKOMO