Deputy Chairperson, I hereby move without notice, on behalf of the EFF:
That the Council-
1. notes that the Ministry of Police in its collective wisdom has failed to uphold the oath of office in the matter relating to the murder of Senzo Meyiwa;
2. acknowledges that it has undermined the authority of our country and its credibility;
3. further notes that these are signs on incapacities and gross negligence which led to unbecoming acts in the investigation of Senzo Meyiwa;
4. realises that this has allowed opportunity such as AfriForum to seek legitimacy from our people and hence parade themselves as advocates of justice;
5. orders the department must immediately fire all officers involved in this gross misconduct; and
6. allows the state to intervene through appointing the capacitated team to rework the case of Senzo Meyiwa and finalize it with reasonable time.