House Chair, I move without notice:
That the House-
1) notes with sadness the deaths of 37 people and 60 wounded in an attack on a mining company convoy in Burkina Faso on Wednesday 6 November 2019;
2) understands that the bloodshed occurred when five buses carrying staff of a Canadian firm Semafo, were ambushed and a military escort vehicle was struck by an explosive device before gunmen opened fire on the convoy;
3) further understands that Burkina Faso has been a target of a terrorist insurgency that has killed hundreds of people in recent years;
4) acknowledges that the military in Burkina Faso has been struggling to contain the violence that spilled over the border from neighbouring Mali; and
5) conveys our condolences to the government of Burkina Faso and families of the dead mine
workers and wishes those wounded, a speedy recovery.
I so move.