House Chairperson, I hereby give notice that on the next sitting day of the House I shall move on behalf of the DA:
That the House debates the dysfunctional state of the Mogalakwena Local Municipality, with particular reference to -
1) the infighting in the ANC and its effects on service delivery;
2) the role of the police in further exacerbating an already divisive situation and in accepting illegal, politicised orders that have not followed a proper chain of command;
3) the failure of the Minister, the department and the MEC to adequately deal with the situation;
4) the noncompliance with various court orders; and
5) the continued prevention of municipal staff and officials from performing their work.