Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes with sadness the passing away of Mama Martha Mahlangu, mother of Solomon Mahlangu, on 12 March 2014 at the Steve Biko Academic Hospital in Pretoria at the age of 89;
2) further notes that Mama Mahlangu was a freedom fighter, a patron for the Zakheni Women Organisation, and an affiliate of Fedtraw and the UDF;
3) remembers that she triumphed over extreme humiliation, police harassment, before and after the execution of her son Solomon Mahlangu in 1979, and supported families of many freedom fighters who were facing execution;
4) recalls that Mama Mahlangu recently graced Parliament during the state of the nation address last month as a presidential guest of honour;
5) recognises that on Friday, 14 March 2014, the President will launch the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund which aims to avail financial support to deserving South African youth, especially from the rural areas; and
6) extends its condolences to her family, relatives and her loved ones during their bereavement.