Hon House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that the September festival, one of two of the largest Christian gatherings of the followers of the Zion Christian Church of South Africa, took place on 3 and 4 September 2012 at the church's headquarters at Zion City, Moria, near Polokwane;
2) further notes that the Zion Christian Church (ZCC) is one of the largest African indigenous churches in Southern Africa, with members belonging to ZCC Star and members belonging to the Saint Engenas ZCC;
3) acknowledges that every year in September, the ZCC, like the Coptic Churches of Ethiopia and Egypt, celebrates the African New Year;
4) further acknowledges that annually the Right Reverend Dr Bishop Barnabas Lekganyane uses the New Year celebration to inculcate human or ubuntu values and principles to enhance the national Moral Regeneration Movement; and
5) extends its good wishes to all followers of the Zion Christian Church on their annual pilgrimage to Moria.