Whether her department entered into a rental agreement for a residence in Los Angeles in 2019; if so, why;
(2) Whether the person residing in the residence is an employee of her department; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, in what capacity;
(3) Does the specified official earn a salary and/or allowance;
(4) What total number of days has the specified employee been at work this year?
(1) The Department signed one residential lease agreement in 2019, for the accommodation of the Consul: Political. In the same period, the Department terminated one residential lease agreement prematurely, namely for the Head of Mission, following the termination of services.
(2) No employee resided in the Residence after 26 July 2019.
(3) No, the specified official is not earning a salary/allowance.
(4) 10 ...
Whether her department hosted an event in celebration of Africa Day on 12 May 2019; if not, why not; f so, (a) where was the specified event hosted, (b) why was the particular venue selected to host the event, (c) what was the total cost for hosting the event and (d) which African countries’ ambassadors and/ or Heads of State (i) were invited to attend and (ii) attended the event? NW2611E
South Africa as a member of the African Union commemorates Africa Day annually, however this year, the Department was unable to host the Africa Day event as it coincided with the inauguration of President Cyril Ramaphosa on 25 May 2019. More »
Whether the Cabinet discussed the withdrawal of the Republic from the (a) Commonwealth and /or (b) International Criminal Court since 1 June 2019; if so, in each case, what are the (a) relevant details and (b) details of the outcome of the discussion?
The Department of International Relations and Cooperation is not aware that Cabinet has discussed South Africa’s withdrawal from the Commonwealth. Since its return to the Commonwealth in 1994, South Africa has participated in summits, ministerial meetings and the governing bodies of the Commonwealth and worked closely with the Commonwealth Secretariat, contributing politically, financially, and in terms of capacity and expertise to ...
Whether her department has organised a mid – term conference in Dubai; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what (a) total number of mission’s will be attending and (b) is the total projected cost of the conference;
(2) How have mid – term reviews in the Dubai region been handled historically?
1. The Department of International Relations and Cooperation organised a mid – term review in Dubai, (a) thirty(30) missions attended the mid – term review in Dubai and (b) total projected cost for the review meeting is R 1, 566, 367.00
2. Mid – term reviews are conducted annually and are held in countries that are central and easily accessible for the region.
1) What is the Government ‘s position on the economic sanctions placed on Zimbabwe by the United States of America and the Europian Union;
(2) Whether the Government supporst a human rights – based foreign policy; if not, why not; if so,
(3) Whether the government stands in solidarity with Government of Zimbabwe, despite Zimbabwe’s alleged human rights abuses; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what are the relevant details?
- Our stance toward Zimbabwe’s economic sanctions is primarly guided by the position of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) as well as the African Union (AU) position which calls for immediate lifting of the sanctions imposed on Zimbabwe by the United States of America and the European Union.
- South Africa’s foreign policy is premised on the observation and respect for human rights ...
Whether her department did business with certain (a) persons , (b) companies and (c) trust( Tony Georgiades, David Ngobeni, Kojo Mills, Paul Ekon, Trevor Pikwane, Chistian Gouws, Eugene Clause Bezuidenhout, Gerhard Jo Van Niekerk, Casper Van Den Burg, Martyn John Churchouse,Lesiba Edmond Sekele, Florin Mircea Cozmuta, Cedric John Bredenkamp, Paul Anthony Mckay, Yi He, Maureen Ann Azvardel, David Rajah, Paul Staveley Howard, Frederick Johannes Wessels, Lawrence Delville Hood, Christopher David Thatcher, Gavin Treanor, Alan Menachemson, Richard Dan Hallam, Michael Casparis Maree, Lloyd Charles Jaffee, Andre Jeremias Esias Bezuidenhout, Mick davis, Eric Samson, Dr james Motlatsi (ii) Ria Tenda Trust, Linked Environmental Trust, Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation Trust, Free State Diamond Mines, Adsani Exploration, Reva Trading, CTL Management and Personnel Services)) (i) in each of the past five financial years and (ii) since 1 April 2019; if so , (aa) on what date(s) did her department do business with the specified persons, companies and trusts and (bb) what was the (aaa) nature and (bbb) monetary value of each business arrangement?
(i) The past five financial years
(ii) Since 1 April 2019
(aa) Dates, persons, companies and trusts
(bbb) Monetary value
Monetary value: R 0
Whether, with reference to her reply to question 559 on 5 September 2019, there has been any high – level conversation between her and / or the President of the Republic , Mr M C Ramaphosa, and their counterparts in Algeria about the matter?
The matter did not necessitate any further discussion as the National Prosecuting Authority declined to prosecute.
In addition, the Ambassador concluded his term of duty, and has departed South Africa on 14 October 2019.
What amount has the African Renaissance Fund (ARF) loaned to Cuba to date, (b) on what terms, including interest and duration, was the loan made, (c) what amount of the loan (i) has been repaid and (ii) is still outstanding in terms of ( aa) money still to be loaned to Cuba and (bb) monies still repaid by Cuba and (d) does the ARF allow for loan initiatives to be made to countries outside the African continent?
a) The loan amount was R 63 628 818.
b) The interest was charged at 3% daily compounded monthly, the repayment duration and term was 1 year. following the expiry of the availability period for tranch A in four equal quarterly payments.
c) A loan has been repaid in full with interest R 64 994 855.03
- R 64 994 855.03
- Nothing is ...
What is the (a) make, (b) model, (c) price and (d) date on which each vehicle was purchased for use by (i) her and/or the former minister and (ii) her deputy ministers and/or former deputy ministers (aa) in the (aaa) 2016-17 and (bbb) 2017-18 financial years and (bb) since 1 April 2018?
In response to the question asked by the Honourable Member, my Department provided the following information:
A Mercedes Benz, C250 Avant-garde was purchased for the current Deputy Minister and its cost price was R506 060.58.
A Mercedes Benz, E250 Avant-garde was purchased for the former Deputy Minister and its cost price was R771 570.99.
A Mercedes Benz ...
What is the total number of staff members who are employed in each (a) South African embassy and (b) consulate?
The information requested by the Honourable Member is attached. More »