Whether, given that executive political office bearers of the State change from time to time, he would make a policy directive to end the practice of adorning government buildings with portraits of the President, Deputy President, Ministers and Deputy Ministers of the respective departments and that the Coat of Arms of the Republic is utilised instead?
The suggestion will certainly be given consideration. The views of various stakeholders will be sought.
Among others, this will include the Government Communications and Information System and State Protocol, who produces guidelines for the display of portraits of members of the executive in government buildings.
(1) Whether (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her procured services from a certain company (name furnished); if so, (i) what services were procured in each case and (ii) what is the total amount that was paid to the specified company in each case;
(2) whether the specified company provided services related to international travel to (a) her department and/or (b) entities reporting to her; if so, (i) what is the name of each person who travelled, (ii) what was the travel route and (iii) what is the total amount that was paid for each person?
The last time the Department of Sport and Recreation South Africa utilized the services of the said company was in the 2007/08 financial year. During that financial year the Department had paid an amout of R7 015 183-92, with outstanding invoices amounting to R1 461 324-69 being settled the following finacial year. More »
What amount has each public (a) university and (b) technical and vocational education and training college spent on security services in each of the past ten financial years?
The Department does not keep records of detailed expenditure information for universities or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges. This information is not included in the annual reports submitted to the Department.
DIRECTOR – GENERAL
QUESTION 1633 APPROVED/NOT APPROVED/AMENDED
Dr BE NZIMANDE, MP
MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING
(1)Whether there is any position of (a) chief executive officer, (b) chief financial officer and/or (c) chief operating officer that is currently vacant in each entity reporting to him; if so, (i) how long has each specified position been vacant and (ii) what is the reason for each vacancy;
(2) Have the vacancies been advertised; if so, (a) were interviews done and (b) on what date will the vacancies be filled;
(3) (a) what is the total number of persons who are currently employed in the specified positions in an acting capacity, (b) for what period has each person been acting in each position and (c) has any of the specified persons applied for the positions?
- The Department of Public Service and Administration (a) does not have a chief executive officer position, (b) the chief financial officer position is filled (c) does not have a chief operating officer position
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (PSC)
The Public Service Commission (PSC) is an independent Constitutional body, and its budget is appropriated via the Minister of Public Service and Administration.
- The ...
(1)With reference to SA Express’ frequent use in 2016 of chartered planes provided by Solenta Aviation and SKA Aircraft Leasing amongst others to cover its route between (a) Bloemfontein and Johannesburg, (b) George and Johannesburg and (c) Kimberley and Johannesburg, what is the total amount of chartering a flight to cover an ordinary route that is supposed to be operated by SA Express;
(2) Whether there is a service level agreement in place between SA Express and the specified companies; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
(2) Yes there are contracts in place for both entities and the SLA’s are contained in both contracts.
Solenta: Contract Period: 01 Feb 2017 to 31 July 2017
SKA: Contract Period: 06 December 2016 to 31 March 2017
Mogokare Richard Seleke Lynne Brown, MP
Director-General Minister of Public Enterprises
Whether, in light of the fact that cybercrime poses, among others, very real physical, political and digital risks his Office has put any plans in place to (a) update the Policy Framework and (b) keep it up to date, considering the fast-moving pace of digital innovations; if not, why not; if so, what are the full relevant details?
(a) and (b) Yes. The Cybersecurity Response Committee (CRC) under the Chairpersonship of the State Security Agency (SSA) meets regularly to assess progress on the implementation of the National Cybersecurity Policy Framework in order to ensure adequacy of measures for implementation of the National Cybersecurity Policy Framework, to identify gaps and ways to plug them including appropriate remedial steps with a view to keep-up-to-date ...
What number of whole-day downtime was experienced by offices of his department in Stellenbosch over the past two years;
(2) what (a) was the total number of work hours lost in the past two years as a result of the downtime at the Stellenbosch office, (b) were the causes of most of the downtime at the office, (c) steps have been taken to reduce and/or eradicate downtime at the office and (d) is the total of the number of hours lost as a result of system downtime at the office in each month over the past two years?
1. We consulted with SITA and requested the network outage statistics for the stated period, unfortunately their monitoring systems (eHealth & NMS) overrides data after12 months. According to the attached report from the e-Health system, the office experienced downtime for a whole day on the 29 Nov 2021over the 12-month period 01 June 2021 to 15 June 2022. We have also extracted information from ...
What (a) are the performance measures of the 200 border patrol staff being employed by the Border Management Authority and (b) is the difference between their responsibilities and the responsibilities of the SA National Defence Force border patrol staff?
Performance Area 1: Conduct general border management activities and security services to ensure effective and efficient border management
(i) Attend the on and off duty parades and be stationed as per deployment schedule of border guards.
(ii) Process proactive and responsive complaint attendances.
(iii) Report on arrested illegal foreigners held in the temporary holding cells.
(iv) Safeguard and control exhibits / evidence found to ...
What total number of refugees have been provided with assistance through the refugee assistance fund in the past five years?
The Department of Home Affairs does not administer a refugee assistance fund.
Whether he has been informed of the apparent ongoing victimisation of a member of the public at the Home Affairs Office in Somerset West who had to queue seven times for hours at a time to collect an identity document only to be barred by the security guard every time from entering the building and eventually gained access via another door in order to be assisted by the staff inside on 14 March 2022; if not, what is the position in this regard, if so,
(2) Whether the alleged victimising staff member will be facing consequence management; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
1. The Department of Home Affairs does not condone such conduct by our outsourced security guards. It remains the responsibility of the Office Manager to communicate with clients and grant access. It should be noted that the Department has an immediate complaint resolution process which might be used by clients to escalate and report the conduct of employees to senior managers immediately. It is ...