House Chair, I move without notice on behalf of the EFF:
That the House-
1) notes the admission by the Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy, Mr Gwede "the Tiger"
Mantashe, that he paid a bribe to two Sunday Times journalists not to write a story which he today denies;
2) recognises that the alleged misconduct of the Minister is not in accordance with the code of ethics, and undermines our country's democratic values;
3) further recognises that if Ministers and leaders in society can admit to misconduct without any consequences, such will normalise unethical behaviour;
4) acknowledges that a man who is willing to bribe journalists is willing to be bribed himself and cannot be trusted with public office; and
5) calls on Minister "Tiger" to do the right thing and tender his resignation and present himself to the nearest police station immediately when the Sunday Times presents evidence.