Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that with great part that the ten of our female officers from the South African National Defence Force were chosen to attend the United Nations open debate on women, peace and security in New York on 25 October 2019;
2) acknowledges that the ten women are women that have not only been in peace keeping missions but are women who have been in the front in the fight against negative forces;
3) further acknowledges that the event aims to highlight the significant role of women in conflict prevention globally;
4) understands that the soldiers have been invited by the United Nations, UN, to give their account of peace keeping missions in the Democratic Republic of Congo, DRC, Sudan and other parts of Africa; and
5) salutes these women officials who are pioneers of bravery. I thank you.