1. SANRAL can confirm that based on the locality description, the only SANRAL bridges in the locality is where N3 crossed Heidelberg Road. These SANRAL bridges are in excellent condition based on most surveys performed by independent professional registered engineers.
Based on SANRAL investigation the bridges in question fall outside of SANRAL jurisdiction, and are rail bridges crossing Heidelberg Road that fall under shared jurisdiction of Transnet/PRASA and Gauteng Provincial Government. As such SANRAL has no access the maintenance records of these bridges.
2. As these are not SANRAL bridges, we have no details on repairs conducted.
3. As these are not SANRAL bridges, we have no details on-site inspections performed to evaluate the damage and associated risks.
4. As these are not SANRAL bridges no budget provisions has been made by SANRAL.
5. As these are not SANRAL bridges, we have no details on temporary measures that will be put in place.