1. Below is the current status of the prosecution of each of the nineteen (19) accused instigators of the July 2021 unrest:
- Orifile Oratile Sedika: The matter was struck off the roll in terms of section 342A of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977 due to delays in investigation.
- Crispin Bethwell Sibongiseni Sikhakhane: The matter is adjourned to 02 August 2022 for legal representation and instructions.
- Themba Gundwane Emmanuel Minisi: The matter was postponed to 18 July 2022 for plea.
- Montsamai Phineas Letsoalo: The matter was provisionally withdrawn for further investigations to be conducted.
- Bonginkosi Khanyile: The matter was postponed for plea and trial purposes to 15-26 August 2022.
- Mdumiseni Kheta Zuma: The matter was remanded to 10 May 2022 for the outcome of consultations and attorney to confirm fees. 4-5 August and 1-2 September 2022 trial.
- Zamaswazi Zinhile Majozi: The matter was struck off the roll and subsequently declined to prosecute.
- Joe Bernington Mabaso: The matter was withdrawn on 30 May 2022 due to insufficient evidence.
- Mbonani Clarance Tabane: The matter was withdrawn on 20 October 2021.
- Brian Ngizwe Mchunu: The matter has been adjourned for plea and trial to 12-13 October 2022.
- Bruce Nimmerhoudt: The matter was postponed for plea and trial purposes to 25-29 July 2022.
- Sibusiso Mavuso: The matter was withdrawn on 15 March 2022 due to insufficient evidence.
- Sabelo Msomi: The accused appeared in court and the matter has been postponed to 22 July 2022 for trial.
- Ike Thamsanqa Khumalo: The matter was remanded to 19 August 2022 for the results of the Mutual Legal Assistance application to the USA.
- Solani Silawule, Sifiso David Nhlapo, Daluxolo Sizwe Weyi and Cebolazakha Sabelo Zondo: The Deputy Public Prosecutor did not pursue incitement charges but theft charges are preferred. The case is no longer being monitored as incitement case, and the matter was last in court on 22 June 2022.
- Mandla Mahlangu: The matter was withdrawn on 07 December 2021.
2. There have been no additional persons arrested since 17 March 2022. The details as set out above has thus not change.