1 (a) 18 Transferred officials and 5 vacant posts.
(b) (i) Not Applicable
Position 1 - Deputy High Commissioner
Position 2 – Counsellor Bilateral
Position 3 – Counsellor Multilateral
Position 4 – State Security
Position 5 – Political Secretary
Position 6 - Political Secretary
Position 7 - Corporate Services Manger – Vacant since December 2019, waiting for a replacement
Position 8 – First Secretary Administration ( Acting Corporate Services Manager)
Position 9 – Third Secretary Administration
Position 10 – Third Secretary Administration
Position 11 – Counsellor ICT
Position 12 – First Secretary ICT
Position 13 - First Secretary ICT – Vacant since December 2020
Department of Home Affairs ( DHA)
Position 14 – Counsellor: Immigration and Civic Services
Position 15 – Second Secretary: Immigration and Civic Services
Position 16 - Secretary: Immigration and Civic Services
Position 17 - Second Secretary: Immigration and Civic Services – Vacant since December 2018 State Security:
Position 18 – Counsellor: Political
Position 19 - Political Secretary – Vacant since November 2019
Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
Position 20 – Minister: DTI
Department of Transport
Position 21 – Minister Transport
South African Police Service ( SAPS)
Position 22 – Counsellor : SAPS
South Africa's National Defence Force
Position 23 - Defence & Air Advisor – Vacant since January 2020
Position 24 - Deputy Defence & Air Advisor – since August 2020
Position 25 - Defence Office Chief Clerk
(2) Yes, the Mission is fully operational.
(3) The services being provided by the office are Civic and Immigration services
which are rendered from 09h00 until 15h00 at Whitehall, SW1A 2DD.
All Consular services are rendered such as:
- The processing of legal documents for members of the public for use in South Africa. (mainly buying and selling property and banking matters)
- Support for the Department of Justice in matters relating to the UK. (Child maintenance, Service of Process, Extradition etc.)
- Supporting South Africans in distress according to the Consular handbook in matters relating to the death of a family member. (Contacting police, hospital, coroner etc. and arranging quotes for repatriation of remains.
Dealing with the Department of Health to arrange permits).
- Facilitating visas for diplomats travelling to South Africa.
(4) All services are currently being provided.
(a) and (b) Not applicable