(1)(a) The Department of Home Affairs is a participant in the National Treasury’s RT61-2018 transversal contract for the hiring and leasing of aircrafts and helicopters to the state. Thirteen (13) service providers who are accredited on this contract were approached to submit quotations for the service. Out of the thirteen service providers, three responded. The Department selected the cheapest option from the quotations which were received.
(1)(b) The information is as follows:
(i) The quotes received were from:
- National Airways Corporation;
- Y and P Logistics;
- Cobra Aviation.
(ii) The total quoted amount for each is as follows:
- National Airways Corporation: R 1 412 927.00;
- Y and P Logistics: R 1 546 700.00; and
- Cobra Aviation: R 1 997 000.00.
(iii) National Airways Corporation was selected to render the service at an amount of R1 412 927.00.
2. No, the Department will not attempt to recover the costs relating to the charter flight from G4S. The Department does not have a legal basis to recover the cost of the charter flight from G4S as there is no contract or contractual relationship with G4S.