1. The total number of passport applications received at the South African High Commission in London since January 2019 is recorded as 11343
2. The total number of birth registration applications (Notice of birth) received at the South African High Commission in London since January 2019 is recorded as 1037
3. The Appointment system allows for an appointment to be scheduled within 90 days from the request or on where possible on the day in accordance with the convenience of the client.
4. In accordance with the appointment record the Mission is able to schedule 28 appointments per day.
5. (a) The total number of outstanding (i) birth registrations stands at 104 and (ii) passport applications stands at 873 currently.
(b) Delays are mainly due to late receipt of Diplomatic Bags. The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and DIRCO prepared a communique to Missions abroad to forward all long outstanding applications to DIRCO and DHA has created an e-mail address to deal with long outstanding applications. Both departments agreed on the automation of the application process which will be done in the medium to long term with the aim of ultimately reducing turnaround times.