With refrence to his reply to oral question 637 on 27 October 2022, which contains proposed estimates, what (a) was the exact pay-out amount for each claim lodged in the (i) 2020-21 financial years based on the merits of each case.7-, (b) measures has his department put in place to update the training of police officers so as to prevent similar claims in the future and (c) are the consequences that will be faced by the guilty police officers to hold them accountable and/or responsible for their actions?
What (a) are the latest crime statistics for the Town Hill Police Station in the Msunduzi Local Municipality, (b) geographical area does the specified police station serve and (c) total number of (i) households does the station serve, (ii) vehicles does the police station have, ((iii) vehicles are not operational and (iv) detectives are stationed at the police station?
What is the progress in relation to case number CAS 753/08/20 opened at Sunnyside Police Station against 242 public servants who benefited from the R350 Social Relief of Distress grant?
(1) What was the total cost to the SA Police Service (SAPS) with regard to firearm-related court cases in the period 1 January 2018 up to the latest specified date for which information is available;
(2) ( a) in what year was each of the specified cases before the court, (b) what were the legal costs to the State for the legal representatives for (i) the SAPS and (ii) other parties in each case and (c) whether the SAPS won or lost the specified cases;
(3) whether he will make a statement on the matter?
(1) (a) What (i) total number of employees of his department are currently working from home, (ii) number of such employees have special permission to work from home and (ii) are the reason for granting such special permission and (b) on why date will such employees return to their respective offices;
(2) whether he will make a statement on the matter?
Noting that during the SA Local Government Association Council of Mayors conference held on 8 and 9 September 2022 in East London, the President, Mr M C Ramaphosa, revealed that more than 300 municipal ward councillors have been murdered in the Republic in the few years, (a) what measured has the SA Police Service put in place to prevent the continuous killing of municipal ward councillors, (b) (i) what trends and/or patterns have been identified in the specified cases and (ii) how has the information been used to ensure the safety of municipal ward councillors and (c) will he furnish Ms Z Majozi with a report on the arrests that have been made in the cases in the past two years?
With regard to the recent attach and robbery at the Kwaggafontein Police Station in Mpumalanga on 15 June 2022, what(a) total number of functional police members were (i) on duty at the time the incident took place, (ii) armed and (iii) on duty in the Customer Service Centre and (b) physical access control measures are available at the specified police station?
(1) What is the number of (a) criminal cases opened, (b) convictions achieved, (c) child abuse cases opened and (d) persons convicted of child abuse as a result of charges laid at each police station within the Uthekela District Municipality in the period 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021;
(2) what are the relevant details of the (a) specialised equipment and (b) rooms for use in the instances of child abuse reported at each police station within the Uthekela District Municipality in the period 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021;
(3) what are the details of the (a) holding cells available and (b) the number of usable holding cells at each police stations within the Uthukela District Municipality in the period 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021?
(1) In view of the violence against women and children, and crimes of sexual nature in particular, what (a) is the minimum number of rape kits that must be available at a police station and (b) is the period before the kits functioning expire;
(2) what (a) number of officers of the SA Police Service (SAPS) do not comply with the specified requirement and (b) are the names of SAPS officers that so not meet the requirements;
(3) whether all members of the SAPS received training in the appropriate handling of the kits; if not, why not, if so, what are the relevant details;
(4) what measures have been put in place to ensure that a member of the SAPS who is properly trained in the use of the rape kits is available when a rape victim comes to the office to lay a charge;
(5) whether he will make a statement on the matter?
In view of the recent spate of mass shootings at taverns across the country, a mass shooting being defined as three or more people being shot in the same incident, what are the relevant details of the number (a) mass shootings at taverns, (b) persons murdered in the specified mass shooting and (c) persons injured in the shootings (i) in the period (aa) 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2020 and (bb) 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021?