2020-w2866 - 11 December 2020
11 Dec 2020
(1) Whether, with reference to a process which her department began in 2019 to develop a new subject for Grades R-9 to address a wide range of coding and robotics competencies in order to develop skills and expertise needed to usher in the fourth industrial revolution in the Republic, her ...
2020-w2665 - 25 November 2020
25 Nov 2020
(1) In light of the fact that her department has urged all teachers and learners in the public schooling system to download and make use of the Teacher Connect Application (App) following its recent launch, what exactly has informed the timing of the delivery of the App, given that the ...
2020-w2691 - 25 November 2020
25 Nov 2020
(1) What was the outcome of the meeting that the Director-General of Basic Education had with teachers’ unions to discuss the invigilation of COVID-19 positive National Senior Certificate candidates;
(2) what measures were agreed on regarding the invigilation of COVID-19 positive National Senior Certificate candidates;
(3) whether her department has considered ...
2020-w2532 - 09 November 2020
9 Nov 2020
(1)What total number of graduates have been retained by their respective host institutions since the National Research Fund internship programme of the Department of Science and Innovation commenced;
(2) whether he has the statistical data on the number of graduates who have been able to find employment once the internship ...
2020-w2300 - 27 October 2020
27 Oct 2020
(1)In view of the series of student deaths that have occurred at the University of Fort Hare (details furnished), which seem to be reflective of broader trends in the higher education sector, what immediate steps has his department taken in response to the tragic state of affairs;
(2) whether there ...
2020-w1388 - 09 July 2020
9 Jul 2020
Whether there has been any progress in the introduction of coding and robotics in Grades R to 3 in 200 schools so far; if not, why not; if so, what are the full, relevant details?
2020-w997 - 11 June 2020
11 Jun 2020
(1)Given that Monday, 25 May 2020, is marked Africa day, and seeing that indigenous African languages are faced with the unique challenge of adapting to a fast-changing technological era, what steps has his department taken to promote the ideal of a multilingual society as espoused in the Constitution of the ...
2020-w190 - 03 March 2020
3 Mar 2020
Whether her Office has initiated the drafting of a Bill that seeks to protect and promote the rights of persons with disabilities; if not, (a) why not and (b) what steps does her Office intend taking in this regard; if so, on what date does she envisage that the Bill ...
2019-w152 - 06 September 2019
6 Sep 2019
(1)Whether her department has an instrument to measure the capacity and effectiveness of subject advisors whose job is to ensure that quality teaching and learning take place in schools; if not, what other mechanisms would help her department monitor effectiveness of what subject advisors do; if so, (a) are those ...
2019-w110 - 06 September 2019
6 Sep 2019
(1)Whether, in line with the Government policy of taking services to the people, she will commit to the development of nonviable schools within the communities where they are located, rather than closing them down and incurring huge costs for transporting learners to the well-developed schools; if not, what is the ...