NW3250E - 18 October 2013
18 Oct 2013
(1) Whether (a) Boschkop Police Station docket Boschkop CAS 165/06/12 was submitted to the Control Prosecutor at the Cullinan Magistrate Court and (b) the case was referred to the Director of Public Prosecutions: North Gauteng and dealt with under the reference 9/2/12-P251/2009; if so, (2 ...
NW2487E - 16 August 2013
16 Aug 2013
(1) Whether the meeting with the acting National Director of Public Prosecutions (NDPP) with regard to KwaZulu-Natal cases to which he alluded in the National Assembly on 5 and 6 March 2013 took place; if so, (2) whether he received assurances in respect of the (a) withdrawal of charges and ...
NW2040E - 26 July 2013
26 Jul 2013
(1) Whether charges of armed robbery or any other charges against certain accused persons (names furnished) were withdrawn in the Pretoria North Regional Court; if so, why were the charges withdrawn; (2) did the accused persons plead in the case; if not, why not; if so, what did they plead ...
NW589E - 15 March 2013
15 Mar 2013
(1) Was the 2013 almanac which was printed for distribution and used in courtrooms and the offices of presiding officers, prosecutors and court officials discovered to be incorrect with regard to the (a) days and (b) dates for February; if so, (2) was the almanac replaced by a new, corrected ...
NW2149E - 27 July 2012
27 Jul 2012
Who was the complainant in the case which led to the recommendation for classification of “The Spear – Hail to the Thief II” artwork under section 16(1) of the Films and Publications Act, Act 65 of 1996?
NW1009E - 20 April 2012
20 Apr 2012
(1) (a) Why was a certain magistrate (name furnished) removed from the office of the Regional Head of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development in the Western Cape and (b) who ordered the magistrate’s removal; (2) whether any options were considered to remedy the situation without forcefully removing ...
NW927E - 16 March 2012
16 Mar 2012
How does he envisage judicial independence should be shaped by the social, political and economic realities in South Africa, as referred to in the discussion document (details furnished)?
NW931E - 16 March 2012
16 Mar 2012
(1) Whether the Office of the State Attorney approached senior counsel from the Johannesburg Bar to provide a legal opinion on the merits of a murder charge against a certain person (name furnished); if so, (2) whether he has been informed of the instruction for the legal opinion; if not ...
NW924E - 16 March 2012
16 Mar 2012
With reference to the discussion document (details furnished), which court decisions are perceived not to fully advance the transformative purpose of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996?
NW4453E - 18 November 2011
18 Nov 2011
Whether (a) section 22 and (b) section 33 of the Children's Act, Act 38 of 2005, are operational; if not, in each case, (i) why not, (ii) when will it be operational and (iii) what are the further relevant details?