Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House-
1) congratulates the World Cup-winning Springbok rugby team on their most recent international accolade, namely the awarding of the internationally acclaimed and prestigious Laureus Team of the Year Award, which was conferred upon the team in Berlin on Monday, 17 February;
2) notes with pride that this is the second occasion in which the Springboks have won the Laureus accolade, the first being shortly after their World Cup victory in 2007;
3) recognises the important role that South African sportsmen and women play in not only creating social cohesion and nation- building in South Africa, but also the fine example they display as ambassadors on the international stage for the country and its citizens;
4) encourages all other South African sportsmen and women to emulate the example of the Springboks in reaching for the heights of the various sporting codes; and finally
5) calls upon government to capacitate every school in South Africa with adequate sporting codes and facilities, and to identify and nurture the vast sporting talent pool we have in this country from a young age, so that all South Africans can have the opportunity of excelling to the greatest heights of their sporting activities, should they wish to do so.
I so move.
Dr C P MULDER Mr N SINGH