Chair, I move without notice:
That the House-
1) notes with sadness the death of six people when a minibus taxi veered out of control and plunged hundreds of metres down a steep embankment in the KwaNgcolosi area near Inanda Dam in Hillcrest in Durban on Sunday, 20 October 2019;
2) further notes that eight more people who had all sustained serious injuries were stabilised on the scene before being transported to various Durban hospitals for the further care they required;
3) recalls that the minibus taxi carrying 14 people had lost control and rolled down a steep embankment coming to rest approximately 1km below;
4) acknowledges and thank the paramedics and the SA Police Service that were dispatched to assist in carnage; and
5) calls upon drivers, especially those operating taxis to be cautious at all times; and
6) conveys condolences to the families of the deceased and wishes those injured a speedy recovery.