House Chair, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) welcomes the recognition of the activist and lecturer, Dr John Molepo, by the Presidency in his efforts to get underprivileged students registered at university and paying for their tuition;
2) notes that the 29-year-old from Soshanguve is a recipient of the Presidential Award in the category of Compassion for the immense value of his contribution to the community through his #ThusaNgwanaGeno campaign;
3) recalls that Molepo, who recently graduated with a PhD in public affairs from the Tshwane University of Technology, has raised more than R300 000 for disadvantaged students through the initiative, which he started in 2017;
4) understands that more than 200 students have tuition and registration fees paid and a number of people have obtained driving licenses, thanks to his efforts; and
5) commends Dr Molepo for his focus on skills- building and wishes him the best with his journey.