House Chair, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that Cape Town has been named by World Rugby as host venue for the 2022 Rugby World Cup Sevens;
2) further notes that this will be the first time that the Rugby World Cup Sevens event has been hosted on the African continent;
3) acknowledges that 24 of the world's best men's and 16 of the world's best women's rugby sevens teams will take to the field at the Cape Town Stadium in Green Point, where they will compete for world champion status over three days of exhilarating and intense action;
4) appreciates that South Africa was chosen out of a record 11 international unions that confirmed an expression of interest in hosting the tournament;
5) realises that an event of this magnitude will contribute positively towards tourism and the economy of the country, particularly the Western Cape; and
6) congratulates the team who worked on South Africa's detailed and comprehensive bid and looks forward to a successful hosting of this tournament.