Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that the House recognises the severe water shortages facing the Kwa-Zulu Natal and some areas in the South Coast;
2) further recognises that the intimate water shortage has left many areas in the central and northern regions of South Africa without water;
3) notes that day zero is slowly looming as water sources have dried up in the district region;
4) further notes that as a cautionary measure, many water restrictions have been imposed in major metros;
5) acknowledges the value of water and the need for sustainable management of this scarce resource; and
6) calls on the Department of Human Settlement, Water and Sanitation to prioritise rural communities when redressing the effects of this water shortage issue and for all South Africans to ensure that they use water sparingly as a country from a string of heat waves. I so move.