House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House -
(1) notes that five people have been arrested by the Hawks during a raid on a perlemoen drying facility at a house in Kuils River, Cape Town;
(2) also notes that the value of the confiscated perlemoen was approximately R3,2 million;
(3) further notes that the Hawks also confiscated equipment to the value of R50 000 and R23 000 in cash during the arrests;
(4) also notes that three of the persons arrested are Chinese nationals and two are Zimbabwean nationals;
(5) congratulates the Hawks for their sterling investigation of the plundering of our marine resources; and
(6) encourages the Hawks to continue with their ongoing countrywide investigations to combat the scourge of syndicated perlemoen smuggling in our country with vigour.