Deputy Speaker, I move without notice on behalf of the UDM:
That the House -
(1) notes that on Friday, 20 February 2015, a child died after eating chicken dumped by a farmer in Ottosdal, North West;
(2) further notes that while other children had been discharged from hospital, some were reportedly still recovering;
(3) acknowledges that the North West department of health has launched an investigation into the matter;
(4) encourages the department to leave no stone unturned to discover the circumstances that resulted in the loss of an innocent life;
(5) calls on members of the public to exercise extra caution with regard to eating dumped food; and
(6) conveys its condolences to the family of the deceased child.