Deputy Speaker, I hereby move without notice on behalf of the DA:
That the House -
1) notes that the 2014 Siemens Report recently featured several South African cities in its Africa Green City Index report;
2) further notes that the report looked at 15 African cities that have committed to improving their environmental footprint and scored each city on issues including land use, transport, waste management, water, sanitation and air quality;
3) acknowledges that the City of Cape Town was well above average in the category of land use and was the top-performing African city in this regard;
4) further acknowledges that Cape Town was recognised as one of the continent's top cities in the index for superior forms of public transport, and it is one of only three cities in Africa noted for actively promoting greener forms of transport, the other cities being Dar es Salaam and Tunis; and
5) congratulates the South African cities that were featured in this report and encourages all metros and towns to redouble their efforts to become more environmentally conscious.