Hon Deputy Speaker, I hereby move without notice on behalf of the EFF:
That the House -
1) notes that in the year of the Freedom Charter, according to the ANC- led government, 100 black families in Port Elizabeth were harassed, their shacks were destroyed by the police, and they were evicted from unoccupied land that they had occupied since 2012;
2) further notes that many of the residents have been on the housing waiting list since 2010 and the government evicted them without giving them alternative land;
3) acknowledges that the provincial government obtained a court order to evict them, giving them only six months to leave;
4) reckons that this is contrary to the principles and values of the Freedom Charter;
5) condemns the use of violence by the police on unarmed, poor and defenceless people; and
6) calls on government to give the people of Port Elizabeth alternative land.