Deputy Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes with great shock the senseless murder of a five-year-old girl, Kayde Williams, on Monday, 2 February 2015, in Bredasdorp two years after the horrific passing under similar circumstances of one of their own, Anene Booysen;
2) understands the pain and distress the Williams family and the Bredasdorp community are going through as they battle to come to terms with the senseless loss of a young innocent life;
3) believes that the scourge of violence against women and children is a cancer in our society and must no longer be tolerated;
4) appeals to anyone who may have any information to come forward to assist the police in their investigation by reporting such information;
5) calls upon the SA Police Service and all other social partners to get to the bottom of this matter and bring those responsible to justice; and
6) conveys its condolences to the Kayde Williams family, friends and the entire community of Bredasdorp.