Deputy Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) congratulates Kenneth Solomon for being awarded the title of Grandmaster, by winning the gold medal at the 2014 African Individual Chess Championship held in Windhoek, Namibia from 12 to 23 December 2014;
2) notes that this new status makes him the first grandmaster in South Africa and the second grandmaster in sub-Saharan Africa, after Amon Simutowe of Zambia;
3) recalls that Kenny Solomon started playing the game at 13 while living in Mitchells Plain;
4) believes that Kenny's achievements will inspire and open doors for all the aspiring chess players in South Africa who wish to become Grandmasters; and
5) wishes him further success in his future endeavors and thanks him for proudly representing our country, South Africa.