Hon Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House - 1) notes that mothers who live at the Thokoza Hostel in Durban have allegedly been instructed to send their children away by the municipality's appointed superintendent;
2) further notes that the affected mothers have stated their refusal to comply with the instruction;
3) acknowledges that this instruction, if proven, is a direct violation of the rights of children to reside in the loving care of their parent;
4) expresses its solidarity with the mothers who refuse to be separated from their children;
5) condemns the alleged instruction of the hostel superintendent; and
6) appeals to the eThekwini Municipality to urgently put in place measures to convert the Thokoza Hostel into a family-orientated place of residence.