Deputy Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that Sasol will invest US$8,9 billion, which translates into R97,4 billion, in an ethane cracker and derivative complex in Lake Charles, Louisiana, in the US;
2) further notes that South Africa needs local production and industrialisation for job creation;
3) notes that such investment is tantamount to subsidising the USA economy;
4) notes that this is capital flight and legalised theft;
5) encourages Sasol to invest the R97,4 billion in local production and industrialisation.
In the light of the objection, the motion without notice may not be proceeded with. The motion without notice will now become a notice of motion on the Order Paper.