Speaker, I move the draft resolution printed in my name on the Order Paper, as follows:
That the House -
1) notes that on 10 March 2010, the National Assembly passed a resolution to the effect that Parliament would establish a Parliamentary Inter-faith Council ("the Inter-faith Council") and set out the objectives of the Inter-faith Council;
2) further notes that on 12 May 2010, the National Assembly adopted a further resolution, subject to the concurrence of the National Council of Provinces, establishing the Inter-faith Council and stipulating the composition and mandate of the Inter-faith Council;
3) recalls that on 26 August 2010, the National Council of Provinces adopted a resolution concurring with the establishment of the Inter- faith Council;
4) recognises the need for a platform for an activist Parliament that would advance nation-building and social cohesion; 5) believes that Parliament has the necessary mechanisms in place to ensure that this objective is met; and
6) resolves, subject to the concurrence of the National Council of Provinces, to abolish the Inter-faith Council.