Hon Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that World Kidney Day is celebrated annually on the second Thursday of March;
2) further notes that World Kidney Day is a joint initiative between the International Society of Nephrology and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations;
3) acknowledges that World Kidney Day aims to raise awareness of the importance of our kidneys to our overall health and to reduce the frequency and impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide;
4) further acknowledges that the theme for this year's World Kidney Day is Chronic kidney disease and ageing;
5) believes that more than 5% of the adult population have some form of kidney damage, and every year millions die prematurely of cardiovascular diseases linked to chronic kidney diseases; and
6) calls on everyone to check if they are at risk for kidney disease and encourages more people to take a simple kidney function test.