Hon Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) welcomes the success of the voter registration on 9 and 10 November 2013, despite sporadic disruptions;
2) notes that the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) officials worked through the night to try and process the registration records of all newly registered voters and those who had to re- register;
3) believes that the eligible voters who have not registered yet will be inspired by the success of the two-day registration and shall respond to the IEC's call to register at any IEC office during working hours;
4) acknowledges that almost 100% of polling stations across the country have been operating since opening time on day one and many South Africans had commented on the speed and ease with which they had been able to register to vote in the 2014 general elections;
5) further acknowledges that when the registration process closed on Sunday night indications were that about 75% of people who registered were younger than 30; and
6) congratulates the IEC for a job well done.