Hon Speaker, I move without notice: That the House -
1) notes with sadness the death of the Palestinian Authority's ambassador to South Africa (SA), Ali Halimeh, on 16 September 2012 of a heart attack;
2) further notes that he was ambassador to SA since 2006 and had earlier served as the late Palestinian Liberation Organisation's leader Yasser Arafat's representative in Tanzania and the Palestinian Authority's ambassador in Zimbabwe and Ireland;
3) acknowledges that he was a Palestinian freedom fighter who dedicated his life to the freedom of the Palestinian people and the liberation of Palestine;
4) believes that he always attempted to build bridges and defend the necessity and imperatives of the Palestinian struggle; and
5) extends its heartfelt condolences to his family, friends, colleagues and the people of Palestine.