(1) With reference to his reply to question 2947 on 26 August 2015, what were the total costs incurred by the Government to (a) conduct the 2013 long term Fishing Rights Allocation Process (FRAP), (b) conduct the FRAP appeals process, (c) secure the services certain persons (names furnished) from 1 June 2015 to 31 May 2016 and (d) conduct the FRAP allocations process;
(2) whether his department retained the services of a certain person (name furnished) and/or his company (name furnished); if not, why not; if so, what is the (a)(i) nature and (ii) objective of the continued professional services being rendered by the specified person and/or his company to his department and (b) total cost to the Government for retaining the person and/or his company;
(3) what is the total amount of cost that the Government incurred to date to conduct the 2015-16 FRAP? NW2803E
1. The total costs incurred by the Government to conduct the 2013 long term Fishing Rights Allocation Process (FRAP) was R19 100 000.00 whilst the total costs incurred to conduct the FRAP 2013 appeals process was R5 793 876.83. The total costs incurred by the Government from 1 June 2015 to 31 May 2016 to secure the services of Advocate Mohamed Shaheen ...
What have been the monthly (a) viewership and (b) advertising revenue figures for each television station of the SA Broadcasting Corporation since 1 July 2016?
(a) The SABC monitors television audiences in terms of monthly audience share.
(b) Advertising revenues are presented excluding Agency Commission, Credit Notes, and Compensation. The revenues received by the organisation fluctuate according to seasonality and available spend by advertisers.
MR NN MUNZHELELE
DIRECTOR GENERAL [ACTING]
MS AF MUTHAMBI (MP)
MINISTER OF COMMUNICATIONS
(1) What is the total amount that has been paid to date for any expenditures incurred for (a) the bidding process for the 2022 Commonwealth Games to be hosted in Durban and (b) any capital projects undertaken to upgrade the eThekwini precinct by each (i) national, (ii) provincial and (iii) local sport authority; (2) whether South Africa met the 30 November 2016 deadline to ensure that all securities have been put in place to host the specified games in 2022; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
(1)What is the total amount that has been paid to date for expenditures incurred for,
(a) the bidding process for the Commonwealth Game to be hosted in Durban and
Sport and Recreation provided R1m for the bidding process. The other spheres of government and the National Lottery have made contributions to the total expenditure for bidding. The Closeout report which contains the audited ...
Whether, with reference to her (a) reply to question 1742 on 21 November 2016 and (b) department’s presentation regarding the Jobs for Cash report during the meeting of the Portfolio Committee on Basic Education on 23 November 2016, a certain service provider (name furnished) participated in the extended forensic investigations into teacher misconduct after the specified report was released; if not, why not; if so, what are the full relevant details?
(a)(b) Deloitte was contracted to serve as a member of the Ministerial Task Team (MTT) and to work alongside the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development (DoJ) to investigate all the cases reported to the Department and through the media for the duration of the first phase of the MTT.
Deloitte was not contracted to work on the second phase of the forensic ...
With reference to page 264 of the 2016 Adjusted Estimates of National Expenditure regarding his department, (a) what is the reason for the R200 000 virement for the Progressive Youth in Business, (b) what is the specified amount intended for, (c) what process was followed in awarding the amount and (d) who are the (i) directors and (ii) office-bearers of the Progressive Youth in Business?
(a) the dti received a proposal for the development of a Mobile Application from Regoapele Capital Wealth Engineering. During the Adjustment Estimates of National Expenditure, a virement of R200 000.00 was requested with an intention to provide funding towards projects for youth economic empowerment. Of the R200 000.00, R100 000.00 was allocated to Regoapele Capital Wealth Engineering in-line with the dti ...
What is the total amount of the outstanding loan repayments due to the National Treasury which prompted the National Treasury to withdraw all funding for a certain scheme (details furnished) and (b) by what date will the outstanding loans be repaid?
The Micro Agricultural Financial Institutions of South Africa (MAFISA) is a scheme that provides loans to smallholder farmers in the agriculture sector. The loans are provided through intermediaries and not directly by the department. To get the loan, the applicant must meet a set of requirements. The applications for funding are handled by intermediaries and not by DAFF. The intermediaries report to the Department ...
(1) Was there any public participation and consultation with regard to the new SA Bureau of Standards policy on number plates; if not, why not; if so, (a) in what form did the participation and consultation take place, (b) which organisations participated and (c) on what dates did the participation and consultation take place; (2) (a) when will a national standard be concluded, (b) where can the original specifications be accessed, (c) what testing has been conducted on number plates in the (i) 2013-14, (ii) 2014-15 and (iii) 2015-16 financial years and (d) what were the test results in each of the specified years?
1. Yes, there was public participation and consultations with affected stakeholders in the number plate industry.
(a) Participation and consultation took place in the form of meetings with affected stakeholders.
(b) The number plate industry, comprising number plate blankers/manufacturers and embossers participated in the meetings with the SABS. The industry was represented by South African Number Plate Association, the Number Plate Association of ...
(1) What are the reasons for not instituting disciplinary action against a certain person (name and details furnished), for contravening the Public Finance Management Act, Act 1 of 1999, as amended, after the specified person was provided with legal opinion by certain attorneys (names furnished); (2) are there any other recommendations in this regard that his department has acted on; if so, (a) what are the recommendations and (b) in respect of each recommendation, what are the (i) timelines and (ii) deadlines; (3) are there (a) processes and (b) mechanisms in place to ensure recommendations are executed; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details; Friday, 2 December 2016 1080 INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER: NATIONAL ASSEMBLY NO 42 - 2016 (4) (a) which recommendations have not been acted on and (b) what are the reasons?
1. I am informed that the furthermore, as the investigations are still underway and in putting the interest of the company first, the Board decided not to put Mr Maseko on suspension, but imposed stringent conditions during this period at work
2. (a)The Board has adopted the findings and recommendations of the Report to conduct further investigations on some of the allegations with ...
(1) (a) What amount has the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa paid its creditors since 1 November 2015, in line with court judgements handed down and (b) to which creditors; (2) (a) which creditors have not been paid any money during the specified period, (b) what amount is outstanding, (c) why are the amounts still outstanding in each case and (d) by what date will the outstanding amounts be paid?
1. (a) (b)
E van HeerdenTransport 55 000.00
Du Toit PC 28 879.21
Voicelogger 734 503.04
Binopath 158 809.02
Chuma Security 10 508 897.69
Sechaba Security 14 758 654.40
Supreme Security 10 245 532.19
Swart Hess Attorneys 402 385.90
Oricol Environment Service 13 328.92
Oricol Environment Service 4 901.24
Boshard Construction (PTY) Ltd 282 ...
(1) With reference to her reply to question 2159 on 1 November 2016, what (a) criteria were used to approve (i) salaries and (ii) bonuses, (b) procedures exist to verify that the specified criteria were (i) used and (ii) followed in the (aa) 2013-14, (bb) 2014-15 and (cc) 2015-16 financial years; (2) what are the reasons for the difference in (a) salaries and (b) bonuses in each entity reporting to her?
Road Accident Fund (RAF)
1.(a)(i) The RAF uses market research and benchmarking by reputable remuneration consultancy firms as well as guidelines issued by National Treasury to determine inflationary annual salary adjustments as criteria for the approval of salaries and salary increases respectively.
(ii) The RAF uses performance against specified performance indicators agreed in the respective annual performance contracts, which indicators are linked ...