Deputy Speaker, I hereby move without notice on behalf of the EFF:
That the House -
1) notes that in the community of Mashaeng, in Dihlabeng Municipality, taps are dry and inhabitants have been experiencing water cuts since 2012;
2) further notes that despite government's claim that 90% of South Africans have clean water, Mashaeng does not have water and if they do, the municipality cuts water by 12pm every day;
3) recognises that the challenge of water is only experienced in the township and not in Fouriesburg, where mostly white residents live;
4) further recognises that water is a basic human right, which is denied the people of Mashaeng because of incompetent councillors; and
5) calls on the Department of Water and Sanitation to immediately intervene to ensure that the people of Mashaeng have clean water and sanitation.